Business License - NEW or RENEWAL
Business licensing is managed by Washington State Department of Revenue. 
File online using an E-check, credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express), or debit card (gift cards cannot be used).  For more information about the filing process, please see the Business Licensing Wizard
FILE BY MAIL (For New business license only)
Complete the Business License Application and The City of Federal Way Addendum and mail it with a check or money order made out to the Department of Revenue to:
Department of Revenue
Business Licensing Service
P.O. Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034


Please note: A business must have a Washington State Business License for all locations before applying for a City of Federal Way business license.

The City of Federal Way requires all business located within the city limits, or who conduct business within the city limits, to obtain a City Endorsement



Right-of-Way Activity Permits and Temporary Business Registrations
Right-of-Way Activity Permits and Temporary Business Registrations are processed through the City of Federal Way.
Right-of-Way Activity Permit ($43) is required for use of public right-of-way, such as streets and sidewalks, for planned events.  Examples of right-of-way permits activities are community parades, planned protests, etc.
Temporary Business Registration ($51) is required when businesses are operating within the City limit for 90 days or less in any 365-day period.  An example of a temporary business registrant is an ice-cream truck.
Applications are accepted in person at Federal City Hall or can be mailed with a check or money order made out to City of Federal Way to the address below.
Federal Way City Hall
Finance Department
33325 8th Avenue S.
Federal Way, WA 98003

If you have further questions regarding Business Licensing, Activity Permits or Temporary Business Registration, please contact the City of Federal Way at 253-835-2526 or at