For Adults

The City of Federal Way is not authorized to process adult passport renewals; if you meet the following criteria, you must apply by mail, otherwise, you must apply in person. You may obtain the form (Renewal by Mail, DS-82) at City Hall, the Post Office, or online.

You may apply for a passport renewal only if you meet the following criteria; otherwise, you must apply for a new passport:

  • You can submit your most recent passport and it is undamaged
  • Your previous passport was issued on or after your 16th birthday
  • Your most recent passport expired less than 5 years ago
  • You use the same name as on your most recent passport, or have had a name change by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect the name change


Be sure to include your current passport, passport photo, proof of name change if applicable, and the fee.


Processing Time:  

Processing times frequently change. For updated processing times visit

To check on the status of a submitted passport, visit the federal government's passport site.