Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM 
Scheduling is online at (Click here to register)

Federal Way City Hall, Second Floor Help Desk
33325 8th Avenue South
Federal Way, WA  98003


Our facility accepts only DS-11 Applications for first-time applicants, minor renewals and certain qualifying adult applicants by appointment only. All applicants, even minors, must appear in person with applications filled out and separate checks.

For renewals for adults go here.

Processing Time:

Routine: 6-8 weeks
Expedited: 2-3 weeks (with additional fee of $60)

Please consider the total time it will take to receive a passport. Processing times only include the time your application is at a passport agency, the total time to get a passport includes processing and mailing times. It may take up to two weeks for you to receive a completed passport. For updated processing times please visit here.

Customers who have a life-or-death emergency or urgent travel within three business days, should get more information at

To check on the status of a submitted passport, visit the federal government's passport site.


Fee Schedule:       

Please note there are two separate payments that must be paid by check/money order/cashiers check. The first payment is made out to the US Department of State (Application fee). The second is paid to the City of Federal Way (Processing Fee).


Adults Ages 16 and Older

Children / Minors Ages 15 and Younger

Passport Book (Check or Money Order)



Passport Card (Check or Money Order)



Both Passport Book and Card (Check or Money Order)



Expedite Fee (Add to Above Check or Money Order)



Processing Fee - Paid to Facility 
(Separate Payment by Check or Money Order)




The City of Federal Way is an official Passport Acceptance Agency. The actual decision to issue or deny a passport is made only by a passport services agency, not the City of Federal Way. Passports are not required for direct travel between the mainland U.S. and its insular territories, including Guam, Puerto Rico, the Marianas, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. A passport card is good only for land and sea travel from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean. All air travel requires a passport book. If you have any questions please call customer service at 1-877-487-2778.

The Federal Real I.D. Act:starts May 7, 2025, for anyone traveling by airplane (even for domestic flights) must use a REAL ID-compliant license or ID card (for Washingtonians this is an Enhanced Driver’s license, Passport Card, or Passport Book). Please note that a Real I.D. is currently required to enter federal facilities. Please be aware that as citizens prepare to meet this requirement, requests for passport services will increase.