The Federal Way Police Department is a nationally accredited, full-service law enforcement agency providing police services for the citizens, business owners and visitors of the City of Federal Way. We are a growing department with a multitude of opportunities for advancement through work / collateral assignments. If you have employment related questions, please contact the recruitment department by text or phone at 253.293.6249, Email, or Human Resources Department at 253.835.2531.
Please read Disqualifiers before you apply
Federal Way Police have partnered with Public Safety Testing to administer the initial testing process for the the position of Police Officer. Please visit their website to start your career with the City of Federal Way.
Entry level Applicant
Go to the PST website and complete an application
Lateral Applicants $30,000 signing bonus Just Increased Sept. 2023!
We have made it easier for you to test for our team:
- A Physical Ability Test (PAT) is not required for lateral applicants. Apply here!
- Oral Boards and initial background interview can be done via Zoom;
- We will travel to your state for the on-site background process;
- With a successful background, only then will you need to travel here to meet the Chief and complete the Polygraph, Medical, and Psychological portions.(normally two or three days)
- When we hire you, you will get $5,000 upon firearms qualification.
- Upon successful completion of a 6 month probation period, we will give you another $10,000.
- At your one year anniversary, you will get another $15,000.
Entry Level Applicants $5,000 signing bonus Just Increased 1/13/2023!
- You can now test in your own state through Public Safety Testing.
- First installment of $2,500 upon passing the Day 1 exam at the Basic Law Enforcement Academy
- Second installment of $2,500 upon completion of 1 year probation.