Welcome to the pet licensing page. Renewing or creating your pet's licenses is accomplished in 3 easy steps. This site can only be used if you are paying by credit card.

Please Note: This site is only for residents living within the city limits of Federal Way. If you live outside the city limits, please use the King County Animal Services pages. For residents over 65 or disabled, licenses are free, but it is required to re-register with the City if you have not already done so. Free licenses do NOT need to be renewed after they are registered with the City.

  • License fees are non-refundable
  • To qualify for free licenses, your pets must be altered.


Alternative Payment Methods:

  • Mail In Check
  • In person payment
  • VISA Payment via Phone 
    • ​253-835-6700


Contact Info:

For emergencies, Call 911 (dog bite, Injured or stray animal)
For other non emergency, 253-835-7387
Email  Please include your Name, Phone number, Physical address and complaint in the email 
Animal Service Officer Shift Hours:
Seven Days A Week 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Licensing Hours and Location

Federal Way Police Department
33325 8th Ave S 
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm

All Cats/Dogs over 5 months old must be licensed in the City of Federal Way, licensing requires a current rabies vaccination. See City Ordinance Chapter 9.09.010(2).

Pet licensing can be completed On-line, mail-in applications are available at the Federal Way Police Department lobby, your local pet store or local veterinarian office; in person application at the Federal Way Police Department, 33325 8th Ave. S., Federal Way, WA 98003 (Monday through Friday 8am until 5pm).

Print Pet License Form

Licensing Fees:

Altered Cat $20 New Multi-year Option and Save! : 2 yr $35 or 3yr $50
Altered Dog $25 New Multi-year Option and Save! : 2 yr $45 or 3yr $65
Unaltered Cat $60  
Unaltered Dog $60  
Replacement Tag $2  
Permanent License Free  

Who is eligible for Free β€œPermanent License”?

  • Owners who are permanently disabled as defined in FWRC 9.09.010.
  • All Pets must be spayed or neutered.

If you have any questions or concerns, please call animal services at 253.835.PETS (7387).